Friday, May 4, 2007

Twisted Christian Mission Statement (beta)

So here I am blogging into the black, inky depths that has come to represent the InterWebs.

How the heck did you find me?

I guess it might be best to start things off by telling you what I'm trying to do here...


Mission Statement (beta - to be revised)
The Twisted Christian Blog was created to make a place for me to post things I find interesting, funny, scary, stoopid, and important, regardless of taste or traditional "Christian Standards" in order to say what I think many Christians feel but are less than comfortable saying in a sentence ending with, "and I'm a Christian."

With me still? Good. Put on your heat-resistant swimsuit and follow me. You'll need a towel. This is going to get messy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ut oh... something tells me there's a bit of hot water around here somewhere. Or, as I like to put it...
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket? ;)

First of all, thanks for the link. :) Second of all, cool blog. Been skimming through your posts and I shall definitely have to keep up with your lil corner of cyberspace.

Anonymous said...

Bizarre. Why the link to New Worlds? Sort of like Mormon salesmen-on-drugs.

Alas, there are no convincing arguments for religious belief. Not only that, most xtians generally are as little concerned with the teachings of Jee-sus as like the NewWorlds freaks are with the principles of the Founding Fathers.........

Twisted Christian said...

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment.

The New Worlds link was found during one of my run-around research flurries for an article somewhere sometime. I put it under Links to Review to give people (including me) a chance to look at it without endorsement. Frankly, I haven't gone back to look at it since. Maybe it needs to be removed? We'll see...

I would agree there are no convincing arguments for religious belief. If someone is convinced to have faith from an argument, their faith is not likely to last (IMO). Faith comes from inside and is something I cherish and enjoy more with time. There's also a difference between faith, spirituality, and religion. Don't get me started there.

Wait... maybe that last point would be a good post subject. Thanks for the idea!