Friday, May 25, 2007

Celebrate: Towel Day

In honor of the man himself, I must say I'm proud to carry my towel around today (or any day). Hey, even if you forgot your's, there's still time to head out to the store or go home and pick one up!

If you're looking for more information about this wonderful annual event, check out the Wikipedia page on Towel Day.

For a refreshing look at Douglas' work, check out The Private Life of Genghis Khan (Warning - Contains Naughty Words!) which was written by him and Graham Chapman. Both are now deceased and must be looking at us thinking how silly we all are.

by the way... Yes, I recognize that Mr Adams was an Atheist. Does this mean I can't like his work or celebrate his life? Should I shun all of what he has to say just because I disagree with him about one thing? That seems awfully closed-mined, doesn't it? But let's not get into politics. If that doesn't satisfy, I would gently remind you that this is a blog (not the end of the universe) and simply request that you get over yourself.

He was a wonderful author and humorist. His work lives on and so does the fact that this world is enriched because of his efforts.

42

No comments: