Friday, May 4, 2007

I don't have "the answers"

Not that this would come to a surprise to anyone who knew me, but I do not have any of the answers to life's tough questions without distilling them all down to the most important commandments.

In fact, I tend to believe that many of the answers to life's challenging questions change over time although the questions tend to stay constant. Wait! Maybe that means that true enlightenment is found in the questions themselves (and the contemplation of the answers) rather than absolutely determining those answers and nailing them down (dare I say, to a cross?).

Since we're still getting to know each other, you're possibly asking yourself whether I believe that morality is absolute. Well, I do, but not in an effort to beat anyone over the head with that fact. I think we all innately know what is "right" but we often confuse that with what we should do. It's also really easy to confuse that with what we'll be forgiven for. In other words, we're easily confused... at least I am.

I guess that's an answer, isn't it?

No comments: