Friday, May 25, 2007

Birth Control & Christianity - Part One: More Babies!

This was almost a JYSTSOOY post, but I'm refraining from that for the sake of extending some modicum of decorum here...

Let me also state up front that I will do my best to avoid posting links to sites that are political. Sometimes, however, they provide information that can spur debate on the subject of religion (which is germane to this blog). This is such an instance.

The movie on the page I'm about to provide a link to underscores clearly the problem I have with Fox News (which is not really a news channel) and many Christian's flawed understanding of the debate around birth control and all its related subjects. Even if you don't like the political views of this site, take a second to drop by just to watch this video:

‘Pro-Life’ Activist: Birth Control Is A ‘Pesticide’ That Will Make Women Just ‘Like Men’

I don't think I really need to discuss this beyond saying one more thing: If modern American Christians can't represent themselves any better than this, I need to find another name for my faith. She represents the worst in Christianity and I reject everything she and her ill-conceived (pun intended) phoney-baloney organization stand for.

No comments: