Monday, August 13, 2007

To Serve or Not to Serve?

During normal business hours, I am surrounded with people who don't care about what isn't profitable for them. It's a small company, so I can see why keeping an eye on profitability is important. In some ways I've tried to deal with it and find a way to continue to be who I am without playing into that mentality or be changed by it. Things seem different today. Maybe it's just me...

If service lags for people who don't bring in a lot of revenue, nobody seems to care. As a result, I can't provide the service I would like to because the people who don't care are blocking the resources I need to do so. Their negative "stuff" is starting to rub off on me.

So how do you stay positive when everything around you seems negative? How do you reconcile faith in such a negative, competitive business world? I don't know, but I'll keep going forward and let you know. Maybe I just need to let go.

No comments: