Friday, June 22, 2007

New Section - Blog Bible Study (BBS)

I'm seriously considering an online blog-based Bible study. I love the idea of taking a section of the Bible and reviewing it with smart people who want to dig for the truth. My main concern now is how to get started, but I think the solution might be to choose a concept and dig into it from some "random" starting point.

How about we begin with a miracle? I love Jesus' miracles, the (usually unexpected) lessons taught, and the strange way people around him react to them. Does anyone have a favorite they would like to get started with?

I think today would be a great day to select a miracle (or parable) and Monday would be a great day to begin discussing it. What do you think?

3 comments:

Twisted Christian said...

I think I'll start with the Parable of the Sower since nobody has coughed up a preference. It's a great story with a completely wonderful following on why Jesus spoke in parables.

I can't wait! :D

Anonymous said...

I find the parables more interesting than the miracles.

Twisted Christian said...

Then parables it is!