Friday, November 16, 2007

The Year of Living Biblically

I read the Onion. We get it here for free, so I can't help but pick it up since it's funnier than the other local papers and has all the movie, club, and book reviews I could want each week. This time around, they reviewed the new book The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs which received high marks. Essentially, it's a book about an agnostic man's experience when he tries to come to terms with his Jewish heritage by reading the entire Bible (both Testaments) and living by every life suggestion, rule, and law simultaneously for an entire year.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to voyeuristically experience his very personal experiment. I've only finished a few short chapters and it's already very cool. I'll post more here as I keep reading, but here's a link so you can find out more if you're interested:

Hardcover Book @ Amazon

No comments: