Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Short Thanksgiving Break

While much of the world doesn't officially celebrate Thanksgiving the way many Americans do, I encourage everyone (regardless of where you live) to take a moment to reflect on good things in life for the next couple of weeks. There are two reasons I advocate this:

1) It's a healthy thing to do. We get so caught up in judgement of ourselves and others that it's important to search our lives (whatever our current state of mind) and look for something positive to consider. Share that good thing with someone else. Make a positive difference in someone's life... even if it's your own.

2) I'll be offline for the rest of November. I know it's a selfish thing, but there it is. I am thankful for everyone who takes the time to read these rambling blogs. Connection via virtual avenues of communication is a relatively new phenomenon and we all benefit when the activity is two-way. This blog has been blessed with all kinds of readers and posters and I'm humbled when anyone takes to time to thoughtfully read or post.

I'll miss you for a couple of weeks, but look forward to coming back and talking again very soon! Challenge me and I'll do the same. Hopefully we'll both learn something. I can't wait!

...and if you're bored while I'm out, check out the sites listed on the right of this page. There are some wonderful blogs out there just waiting for you to get involved!

See you in early December!!!!

No comments: