Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sometimes Faith is Boring

Have you ever found yourself at the point where you're bored with faith? Not that you don't believe anything anymore (although I suppose that could be at play here too), but more along the lines of not feeling the spark of faith... like the honeymoon is over. I guess I shouldn't expect that I will always be a frenetic happy point in my experience of faith.

Usually when I find myself here it's because there's some "hard work" to be done. You know what I mean: The messy, scary stuff!

What do you do to put the romance back into your faith?

1 comment:

Given55 said...

Good question. I don't have the answer. I know, that for myself, I get those feel goods very rarely anymore. I believe it is so I will walk by faith and not by feelings.

I do miss those feelings, but, every once in a while I get zapped and reminded of the romance.