Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Radiohead Rules, I think...

Being a musician of (very) little note, I love it when artists take control of their work and make it available to fans in unique ways. It's one of the things that attracted me to Jonathan Coulton whose Thing A Week series is awesome!

Now Radiohead, a very popular band who've sold millions of copies of previous albums, has decided (now that they are no longer under contract to EMI) to let the fans decide how much to charge for access to download their new album. How cool is that?

There's something very Jesus about this to me.

Having said that, I'm not sure what I think about the band Radiohead. I like some of the songs I've heard and am not as eager to re-listen to other tracks. I've been told they are very melancholy. I can respect that and I do respect the work they've put out so far. None of it sucks. I need to learn more about them. Anyone in here a Radiohead fan?

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Nice little blog you have here. Good luck!